Wednesday 23 January 2013

Has blogging changed my life?

A year ago, in an attempt to get crafting more regularly, I started this blog.  The momentum has been gentle, but over the past 12 months I have certainly been thinking more creatively and, hopefully, more artistically too.  I have accomplished a fair bit, maybe not as much as I'd originally hoped, but I still have to earn a living, attend to our mad cats and keep housework under check after all! 

I'm quite pleased with they way blogging has helped me complete some of my longtime WIPs/UFOs, although I would still like to finish a few more (see here for progress).  It has also given me the chance to think of projects to do in the future (a blogger has to have subjects for future posts in the pipeline!).  There are still a few draft posts that I started months ago, but they will remain as reminders for me of the projects I hope to undertake this year until I get a chance to share them with you.

The last few weeks feel as if the momentum is picking up and I'm posting more regularly, and that can be seen in the increase in page views I've had.  I've been amazed over the last year how widespread my audience has been - believe it or not, it appears that I have had readers on all continents now (bar Antarctica!).  Who would have thought it - people from all over the world interested in what little ol' me is up to in my spare time!

I hope that the next 12 months will be even more productive, that I'll complete more projects and that it will also bring me a few more followers (note the hint there!) and who knows how it will change the way I think, create and live!  For all its ups and downs, blogging was one of the pluses for 2012 and will continue to be for 2013 too.

No comments: