Wednesday 22 February 2012

Pandora's box?

Christmas 2010  - I was hit by (mild) panic a couple of days before The Big Day when we realised that my parents (who were coming to us for Christmas) had left home without our Christmas present for my mother in law (which they were to collect from the picture framers)!

Next stop - v. nice toilettry shop to buy 'substitute' Christmas present.

Quite fortunately this went down very well and also came in a lovely gift box with a gorgeous velvet ribbon bow to boot.

So, this year it's time for me to 'convert' the gift box into a jewellery box for my mother in law.  Now, I've never done anything like this before, but I'm pretty good with diy/handy stuff, so I've a vague idea how I'm going to do it.

However, it would all be so easy if the box was square or rectangluar, but no! it is circular!

Quite handily, it came with some 'innards' that I'm hoping to convert into a pull out tray (what have I let myself in for?!) and I've got some (thin) upholstery foam from Ebay to give some padding.  All I need now is some more thick card, velvet to match/coordinate with the box exterior and some time and patience to put it all together!



Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Oh Siwan, you are such a tease - what are you going to turn that lovely box into? Helly xx